AIDS ACTION NOW! is gearing up for AIDS 2012 in Washington, DC on July 22-27. We need your help!
Some people have the impression that AAN! is a large group doing our activist work – but really there is only a handful of us. If you can help us out at AIDS 2012, in any way, it would be greatly appreciated and allow us to have a greater presence and impact at the Conference and beyond. We are trying to get a lot done at AIDS 2012. AAN! will have a booth in the Global Village; we are hosting a session and a fundraiser; and are participating in variety of activist events throughout the conference. If you want to be involved in Canadian activism at the conference, or keep up to date with activism activities, stay in touch with AAN! And please help us!
Here are different ways to help:
1) If you’re going be to at the conference, join our Facebook group AIDS ACTION NOW @ AIDS 2012 conference in DC, email Nicole or Alex.
2) Please help us staff the AAN! booth in the Global Village at the conference. Visitors can buy T-shirts, smarty-underpants, posters and buttons for sale as a fundraiser. You can sign up for a shift at the booth here.
3) Join us at the big We Can End AIDS March on Tuesday July 24. We will be meeting at the AAN! booth at 10:30 a.m. to prepare for the big march. Join the AAN! contingent as we march in the Human Rights and Harm Reduction arm of the We Can End AIDS March. It will end in a giant rally!! Join the Facebook group so that we know you’ll be joining us and we can keep you up to date.
4) Come to our fundraiser party No Pants No Problem at Remington’s on Wed July 15. We will be hosting an underwear party at a gay cowboy bar on Capitol Hill as a fundraiser for AAN and International Community of Women Living with HIV!! Its also the official after-party for the United in Anger documentary screening hosted by Visual AIDS. Wear your undies for a discount at the door and bring your friends!
5) Join us for various direct actions and activism at the conference. We’re planning them now! But you can keep up to date by staying in touch and checking out our AAN! Activist calendar.
6) Donate to AAN! We do not seek or accept funding from government or pharma companies. We are entirely volunteer-driven. Historically, the money to do our work has come from a few folks who died of AIDS in the 1990s and left us their small estates. Please support our efforts to take direct action to raise important human rights and social justice issues that affect people living with HIV. Email Brent if you are interested in making a donation.
See you at the conference! In Solidarity, The AAN! Steering Committee